Saturday, November 21, 2009

Would you WINE for me...

Saugatuck in the Summer !

A glimpse of Saugatuck in the Winter

Fenn Valley in the Fall


While visiting Saugatuck, a charming town in the western part of Michigan - about 2.5-3 hrs from Chicago, we squeezed in some wine tasting to our weekend agenda.

One of Michigans vineyard, Fenn Valley, carries a particular wine that I fell in love with. I believe it's a reisling (correct me if I am wrong) with a hint of peach and spice flavor. It is the perfect wine to serve when it's a girls night, serve with dessert, or solo when winding down from a long days work. Chicago has plenty of restaurants that are BYOW, so if you plan in advance you can contact them and have them ship a bottle or 2 w/in a week. The taste is priceless and get this, the price alone is a steal - $8-$14 !!

No comments: